The Comment List is an add-on Visualforce page that replaces the standard Case Comment related list. It provides agents with an improved user experience and increases efficiency and adoption.
- Separate buttons for public and private case comments
- Filtering of public and private case comments, as well as status/ownership changes and draft comments.
- Type-ahead search for key words in existing case comments.
- Easy view of emails associated with case comments, both plain text and HTML versions.
- Preview to files/attachments which were added at the same time as the case comment.
- Easy toggle for switching comments from public to private, or vise versa.
- Count of total case comments currently on the case.
- Chatter picture of user or contact who added the case comment.
- Ability to view existing draft comments.
- Comment List is included in versions 5.0 and greater of Email to Case Premium.
- Comment List enforces sharing on case comments.
- Users will require the "Edit Case Comments" profile permission in order to view the Edit and Delete options next to case comments.
- If this permission is assigned, users will be limited to editing and deleting comments that they created.
- Users with the Modify All Data permission (recommended only for System Administrators) will always be able to view and utilize the Edit and Delete options.
- To ensure users have sufficient access to Comment List, please ensure they have been assigned a license to Email to Case Premium as well as the E2CP End User permission set.
Comparison of Comment List vs. standard Case Comments related list:
Case Comments Related List (Standard):
Note: Comment List now comes included as part of the main Email to Case Premium package starting in version 5.0. The extension package previously offered (Case Comment Presentation Layer) will no longer be maintained or supported. For those customers utilizing the extension package previously offered, we recommend the following course of action.
1. Check to see which version of Email to Case Premium you currently have installed by navigating to Setup | Build | Installed Packages.
2. If the version you have installed predates version 5.0, please upgrade to the latest version available on the AppExchange.
3. Once version 5.0 or newer is installed in your Salesforce Org, please swap the existing Visualforce page included in the extension package (cpl__Comment_List) with the new Visualforce page included in the main package (E2CP__CommentList). This process should be repeated for each of your Case Page Layouts.
4. Once all of your Case Page Layouts have been updated with the new Visualforce page, please uninstall the Case Presentation Layer extension package. Additional information on how to uninstall can be found in the following knowledge article.