Two specific layout usage preferences are offered.
1. Standard (Recommended)
This option includes access to the New Comment page and Timeline component for end users. This layout preference is designed for those who plan to communicate with customers through the use of Case Comments.
The New Comment page allows agents to respond to customers faster while personalizing communications, all while ensuring improved data quality. From a single page, users can:
- Toggle between Public & Private
- Review & Update Key Fields
- Drag & Drop Recipients
- Respond using Rich Text
- Use Canned Comments
- Drag & Drop Files & Attachments
- Review & Edit Existing Comments
The Timeline component replaces the standard Case Comment related list. It provides agents improvements to the user experience, increasing overall efficiency and promoting adoption. Again, from a single view, users can:
- Utilize separate buttons for public and private case comments
- Filter public and private case comments, as well as Field History and Draft Comments.
- Type-ahead keyword search in existing case comments.
- Easily view emails associated with case comments, both plain text and HTML versions.
- Preview to files/attachments which were added at the same time as the case comment.
- Toggle to switch comments from public to private, or vise versa.
- View the count of total case comments currently on the case.
- View the chatter picture of user or contact who added the case comment.
- View existing draft comments.
2. Inbound Specific
This option includes access to all features listed on the Inbound configuration tab. Designed for communication using an email publisher action through Case Feed. Case comments corresponding to the communication will NOT be inserted for this option.
To successfully use Case Feed in conjunction with Email to Case Premium please ensure the following:
- Select Case Feed Layout on the Setup Page.
- Ensure you are Using a "Feed-Based" Case Page Layout.
- Enable Case Feed Actions and Feed Items through Case Support Settings.
- To access your Case Support Settings, navigate to Setup | Feature Settings | Service | Support Settings.
- Add the Email publisher action to your page layout. Alternatively, you may add the "Answer Customer" publisher action that comes packaged with Email to Case Premium.
- To access your page layouts, navigate to Setup | Object Manager | Cases | Page Layouts.
- Ensure email deliverability is set to "All Email" in your Org via Setup | Administer | Email Administration | Deliverability.
- Ensure that all Case Feed enabled Page Layouts have been converted off of the "Page Layouts for Case Feed Users" section into the main "Case Page Layouts" section per the following Salesforce help and training article: Convert Page Layouts for Case Feed Users to Case Page Layouts.
For more information on Case Feed, review this Salesforce help and training article: Case Feed Overview.
Please upvote the following Success Community idea for a DML Option to disable automated Feed Item creation.